Plus One Flyers, Inc.
2186 Palomar Airport Road
Carlsbad, CA 92011
What to bring with you:
- Pilot certificate, unless you are a student pilot or future pilot.
- Current FAA medical certificate (if you have one).
- Pilot logbook with any endorsements for Flight Review (FR), complex, high-performance, tail-dragger, etc., unless you are a future pilot.
- Initiation fee of $99.00 (will be charged to a Credit Card). Monthly dues are $32.00 and will be automatically charged to your credit card on the 1st of every month. We do not prorate monthly dues at signup, so if you are concerned about this, sign up early in the month.
- Credit/debit card to register with the club for dues, airplane flights, etc. Maintaining a valid card is required.
- Completed Application (If you don't bring one filled out, we will provide you with one to fill out there)
What to expect at the new member briefing:
A Plus One Flyers Club Officer will conduct a briefing to review and explain:
- Club Bylaws, Operational Rules and code of conduct, also outlined in the Membership Guide.
- Club operating procedures for the airport (parking, fueling, scheduling, etc).
- Easy club membership form to complete and sign.
- Certificated pilots: The Safety Officer or Operations Officer will review your certificates and logbook, then assign you an account ID for you to immediately log onto the club's computer system and register your data and credit/debit card details. Finally, you will attend the Safety Officer's briefing immediately following the new member briefing and computer registration. You will subsequently need to take a check ride with a designated instructor in the type of plane you normally fly. That instructor will sign you off and grant your access privileges to club aircraft.
- Student or prospective student pilots: The Safety Officer or Operations Officer will review with you your next steps to getting into the air quickly, including getting your FAA medical certificate and selecting a Certified Flight Instructor from among the club members, then assign you an account ID for you to immediately log onto the club's computer system and register your data and credit/debit card details. Finally, you will attend the Safety Officer's briefing immediately following the new member briefing and computer registration.
- Certified Flight Instructors: In addition to a new member briefing and computer registration as a certificated member pilot, CFIs joining Plus One Flyers to give any kind of flight training, checkouts or flight reviews in club aircraft have special club Safety Program requirements to meet and maintain in order to instruct in club aircraft and be listed on the club's roster of authorized member CFIs. The Safety Officer will review these requirements with you. If you will not be flying as a CFI you do not need to comply with these additional requirements.
- Please allow two hours to complete the presentation by the Operations Officer and/or the Safety Officer. Your aircraft scheduling privileges will be activated after your flight checkout is complete and your certificates are documented by the membership officer.
Plus One Flyers membership benefits:
- Dozens of clean, well-equipped and maintained airplanes at an airport near you.
- Fuel-included ('wet') rental rates up to 25% lower than most FBOs.
- Only 1 hour per day minimums for multi-day or overnight cross-country trips.
- Built-in renter's insurance - members are a named insured on the club's policy, limited coverage includes pilot, passengers and liability.
- Low insurance deductibles - member contribution is capped at $100.00 for all aircraft.
- Most travel and lodging expenses paid if unscheduled maintenance problems occur away from the airport.
- Built-in Safety Program that encourages your development or maintenance of a safe, current flying proficiency.
- Our airplanes are "Smoke-Free" for your health and enjoyment.
- You may choose a FAA-Certificated Flight Instructor from among our approved independent CFI members.
- We accept most other FBO/club checkouts for make and model.
- No "block rate" deposits necessary to get a good deal. Members can negotiate with owners for any special requests or offers.
- Monthly dues lower than many clubs.
- Easy payment arrangements (Visa, or MasterCard).
- Quarterly general membership meetings, featuring aviation guest speakers, pizza socials, club communications and elections, and much more.
- Detailed, secure online web reports of your flights.
- Some aircraft may be available for flight destinations in Canada (Mexico is currently excluded).
See the Calendar for future meeting dates.